William Colin Brick (Colin) 26.02.1930 – 22.11.2018
Colin spent his childhood in Stamford and attended its euphoniously named famous school before moving to the Nottingham College of Art from where he was awarded the National Diploma in Design and Painting and went on to form the Midland Group of Artists where he often exhibited his works.
Following his graduation in 1955 Colin went on to teach Art in a number of schools and colleges in the Midlands, most latterly at Bramcote Hills Technical Grammar School from where he happily retired to Norfolk in 1990 and spent many a sunny day sketching and painting beautiful countryside landscapes.
During his early years of retirement Colin and his wife Peggy also toured around Europe in their VW Camper Van packed full of all his artist materials. It was during this time that Colin first visited Ferragudo and was instantly captured with its beauty leading him to produce a series of 5 paintings from 1990 until 1995.
His travels also took him to France where he liked to seek out ‘off the beaten track’ spots to set up his panting easel. He first visited Malaucène in 1992, returning in 1994 to complete the magnificent landscape.